Have a look back over your last 12 weeks…..are you happy with what you have achieved? Or are you still doing the same things, going to the same places, and achieving the same old results? Sometimes it is enough that we make it through the week, but occasionally I want to try something different and feel like I am still progressing in some way and not just stuck on the treadmill of life. I’m not talking about earth shattering achievements either. It may be that you finally stopped in to checkout the short trail and lookout that you pass on the way home from work every day, or that you started jogging again, or simply signed up for the gym for the first time. Those little deviations from the normal create momentum and opportunity for even bigger achievements.
A quick look back over my last 12 weeks or so and I have been able to complete most of Hitlist No.3. Doing a little happy dance…..
1. Completed the Panna 8 Week Body Fat Challenge – Didn’t quite lose the 5kg that I wanted but that is still a work in progress.
2. I did find myself a fantastic training partner just by putting a request on a noticeboard. Take a risk, ask your friends, ask another parent at school, or place a note on the noticeboard at your gym, ask whether anyone wants to train together. It is one of the easiest ways to help yourself reach your health goals.
3. Completed all the different classes on the Panna Gym Timetable – happened to try them all in one week just for fun! Keep trying new things you never know where it may lead you.
4. Swim 2km. Yep, did that even though it was a cold week that week (21 degrees in the water). Quite chuffed that I can still swim 2km without too many problems, even managed 10 x 50m on the minute, alternating freestyle, backstroke, and breastroke.
5. Completed the Mothers Day Classic 4km Family Fun Run – what a great challenge that was.
6. Really proud to say that we managed to train at least twice a week for over 10 weeks. Not always smooth sailing but definitely worth the effort. You can read about it in this post.
7. Kayak and Snorkel the Coral Bay Kayak Trail – I did kayak and snorkel in Coral Bay and it was stunning….I may not have completed the whole 2km of the official kayak trail. Details, details.
8. MTB to Pannawonica Hill was definitely completed and even did it again and dragged my training partner along just to be sure! Great ride.
9. Completed the Foundations of Technology for Healthy Living via the University of Tasmania. This was actually quite an interesting course and the following bits of information were things that stood out for me: