Well I am finally back in action after quite a long leave of absence. What have I been up to? Let me give you a quick summary of all the things that I have been doing over the last five weeks….
- We packed up our house and prepared it for rental before flying the 5 hours back east to visit family.
- My husband and I had a lovely couple of days in Palm Cove, kid free, to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary.
- Stayed with my sister and had some fun on the Blue Sky Farm
- Beach Holiday with extended family and friends at the lovely Bramston Beach. My sister has already done a great blog post about that one so if you want to see how much fun we had, read all about Bramston Beach here.
- Climbed a mountain or two…
- Walked around a lake and of course swam in said lake
- Swam in some beautiful tropical north Queensland locations
- Visited with lots of family and friends
- Went off road to visit a beautiful little known waterfall
- Flew back to the west coast before embarking on a road trip of 1600km to move to our new home town of Pannawonica in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.
- Visited the dolphins at the beautiful Monkey Mia
It has been a busy, but wonderful four weeks and now we are finally settling in to our new life at Pannawonica. It is a small town of approximately 800 people with one grocery store, a gym, a school, medical centre, library, post office, tavern and sports club, and a pool. We can walk from one end of town to the other in about 10 minutes and I have learnt that a ‘Bung Arrow’ is a goanna. Apparently the locals feed the goanna’s to keep the snakes away. I have heard that the flies are not so bad this year but even so I have snorted quite a few from my nostrils and have had my husband look at me like I am a creature from another world as I preceded to gag, cough, spit, and splutter in front of him to try and stop myself from swallowing a fly. Hmmm, such a lady, needless to say I had already swallowed the fly. The temperature has been mid to high forties this week with the highest being 49oC. Despite all this I think we will quite enjoy our time here and I have a hitlist already started!! I have a backlog of blog posts that I will get to in the near future including the following:
- A wrap up of my previous hitlist
- The best things to do in FNQ
- Climbing Walsh’s Pyramid
- Reasons to check out Monkey Mia
- My new Exercise Hitlist
I will also be trying to add a few more Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention posts in the future. If you want to hear more about anything else that I have done over the last few weeks or other topics in general please let me know in the comments.